The International Patient Program staff coordinates all aspects of each international patient’s needs from medical consultations, hospital admissions to accommodation, translator and VIP Transfer Service arrangements.
For staff is committed to ensuring that our patient’s and their family members’ needs are met and they feel comfortable during their stay.
NHSTR, The International Patient Services Centre
National Health Services Turkey International Patient Services Centre has been designed as a ‘one-stop’ service centre and offers the best healthcare services from the day of the request of patients until the time patients return to their home country. It is the initial point of contact for acquiring medical information, origination and registration.
The rapidly expanding team of the International Patient Services is comprised of patient service specialists and physicians. This team of dedicated professionals organizes the ‘Healthcare Journey, The Health Voyage’ of international patients by their needs and expectations. NHSTR International Patient Services centre can assist the patients with the following services before, during and after their stay:
- Scheduling medical appointments
- Making hotel arrangements
- Arranging ground transportation from the airport
- Assisting with visa procedures
- Estimating the cost of services
- Assisting with hospital admissions
- Ensuring that the patient understands the instructions provided by the physicians.
- Obtaining and delivering copies of medical reports following the consultations
- Assisting with international insurance companies
- Facilitating the dialogue with the physicians of NHSTR Clinics and Hospitals Group
- Group after the departure of the patient
If you are seeking medical consultation, we suggest you send your complete medical history, along with any applicable x-ray films and laboratory test results via e-mail, fax or mail. Once a physician has reviewed your medical history, we will contact you about the recommended course of treatment and whether it would be advisable to travel to Turkey for the administration of the treatment.
Once we have determined that your treatment at our centre is appropriate, we will schedule all of your appointments with the physicians as well as diagnostic and laboratory tests & procedures, and surgical procedures if deemed necessary. Appointment availability depends on the nature and urgency of the medical circumstances.
Accommodation & Transportation
NHSTR International Patient Services Centre has negotiated discounted rates with several hotels and residential businesses. The contracted hotels are located close to our hospitals or in the central areas of the city. Before you arrive, an NHSTR International Patient Services Centre representative will work with you to identify accommodation that would best fulfil your needs.
A representative of NHSTR will meet you at the airport upon your arrival and accompany you during all of your medical transfers.
At NHSTR Clinics and Hospitals Group, we provide translation services in several languages free of charge. Translators offer assistance as required including accompanying the patients during their appointments and translating patient training materials.
Before you travel to the Clinics and Hospitals of NHSTR, you should follow the steps mentioned below:
- Before your journey, please read this section carefully. We want to ensure that your visit to the clinics and hospitals of NHSTR goes as smoothly as possible.
- Get a copy of all of your medical records and a list of the medications that you are currently taking. If applicable, bring CDs and diagnostic films produced during past medical procedures.
- Contact the international Patient Services Representative of NHSTR to schedule your airport pick up and hotel reservations.
- Contact your embassy to obtain the appropriate visa. Refrain from obtaining a tourist visa, as it cannot be extended easily
- Obtain a credit card that can be used in Turkey, such as VISA or MasterCard.
- If you don’t have or use a credit card of any kind, you may make the payments with CASH as well.
NHSTR Clinics and Hospitals Group have fully equipped general clinics and hospitals and provide the best healthcare services in an all-medical unit.
- Heart Arrhythmia & Cardiac Electrophysiology
- Invasive Cardiology
- Non-invasive Cardiology
- Adult Cardiac Surgery
- Paediatric Cardiac Surgery
Chest Diseases (Thoracic Diseases)
- Cosmetic Dermatology
- Interventional Dermatology
- Paediatric Dermatology
- PUVA (Photochemotherapy)
Ear, Nose and Throat (Otolaryngology)
- Facial Plastic Surgery
- Head and Next Tumour Surgery
- Laryngology/Voice disorders
- Smell and Taste disorders
- Skull Base Surgery
Emergency and Ambulance Services
- Breast Surgery
- Endocrine Surgery
- Gastroenterological Surgery
- Hepatobiliary Surgery (Surgery of the Liver, Pancreas and Bile Duct)
Organ and Tissue Transplantation
- Liver Transplantation
- Kidney Transplantation
- Cornea Transplantation
- Bone Marrow Transplantation
Infectious Diseases and Microbiology
Intensive Cres Unites (ICU)
- Cardiovascular Surgical Intensive Care Unit (CVSICU)
- Coronary Care Unit (CCU)
- General Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- Paediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU)
- Endocrine and Metabolic Diseases
- Medical Oncology
- Brain Tumours
- Motion & Gait Analysis Laboratory
- Paediatric Neurosurgery
- Spine Surgery
Nutrition and Dietetics
Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Peri ontology (High-risk Pregnancies / Maternal-Fetal Medicine)
- Adolescent and Paediatric Gynaecology
- Gynecologic Oncology
- Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility
- Urogynaecology (pelvic Reconstructive Surgery)
Ophthalmology (Eye Diseases)
- Amblyopia (Lazy Eye)
- Cataract Surgery
- Cornea Surgery
- Cornea and Contact Lenses
- Lasik Eye Surgery
- LCK (Linear Corneal Keratectomy)
- Smile Eye Surgery
- Oculoplastic Surgery
- Retinal Diseases
Oral and Dental Health
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Oral Implantology
- Oral Surgery
Orthopaedics and Traumatology
- Foot Surgery
- Hand Surgery and Microsurgery
- Hip Replacement Surgery (Hip Arthroplasty)
- Knee Surgery
- Orthopaedic Oncology
- Paediatric Orthopaedics
- Shoulder and Elbow Surgery
- Spine Surgery
- Sport Injuries
- Paediatric Allergy and Immunology
- Paediatric Cardiology
- Paediatric Endocrinology
- Paediatric Gastroenterology
- Paediatric Haematology
- Paediatric Nephrology
- Paediatric Neurology
- Paediatric Oncology
- Paediatric Rheumatology
- Paediatric Thoracic Diseases
Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation
Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery
- Plastic Surgery
- Reconstructive Surgery
- CBRE Knife
- Gamma Knife
- Rapid arc
- Trilogy (IGRT, IMRT and SRT/SRC
Robotic Surgery Centre
Sports Medicine clinic
- Endourology and Stone Diseases
- Female Urology
- Paediatric Urology
- Urologic Oncology